Rummy nominated me for the Liebster award and made me punch the air and go all “Yay! Someone likes my blog at least.” Thanks very much for that. Her blog is awesome and fun. I do not kid. Go and have look for yourselves.
Here are the rules listed out for the award:
- Link the person who nominated you to your blog post and thank them.
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers (not more than 11) for the award.
- Create questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Hmm, so the bloggers I’d like to nominate would be:
- Carlos (my blogging buddy :)) at https://thoughtsofatrainwreckedpineapple.wordpress.com/
- Sandy (my favorite!) at https://gettingrealwithptsd.wordpress.com
- Beingwoke (the most interesting posts) at https://beingwoke.wordpress.com
- Shawna (very cool) at http://sincerelyshawna.com/
- missbookthief (fellow crazy bookworm) at https://literatureismyporn.wordpress.com/
- Fahima (I wish I’d been this awesome as a teenager) at https://mypersonalteenlife.wordpress.com/
I look forward to reading the answers you write to the questions I’ve written below if you get time 🙂
Okay, so Rummy has posted some interesting questions which I will attempt to answer intelligently. Here goes.
1. What got you into blogging?
I have another blog and I started blogging almost 4 years ago there. My brother used to be the most awesome blogger, and one night, I was just reading his old posts – the ones he’d written when he was in college, and I thought I should try blogging too, instead of writing just in my journal, I’d share it with the world or the 2-3 people who’d actually read it. So, I started my other blog, where I just wrote poetry and sometimes, personal stories. It was scary at first, but fun and I loved it. It’s been dormant for some time now though. I started this blog because I felt I had new things in my life worth writing about and I wanted to do that on a new platform where no one knew me from before or expected me to write in a certain way. I love this blog to pieces.
2.What is the first thing you would do if you had the power to become invisible?
I would be the most boring invisible person on earth. The first thing that I’d do would most probably be taking up residence inside a bookstore or a library, live and die there, dig into all the archives and secret catalogs, read every book I ever want leisurely without spending money, and smuggle in food, chocolates and icecream 😀 Do the objects I touch turn invisible too? If that is the case, I’d take books with me home and relax on my bed or couch to read them.
Harry had the right idea. I’m talking about Potter. The first thing he thought after getting the invisibility cloak was to visit the restricted section of the library. My kinda person.
I should add one more thing, I’d get on a plane and visit my family for a day or two at least (the tickets are too costly and I miss them very much).
3. What is your favourite motto?
I read this in R. J. Palacio’s book, Wonder, and it’s something I wish everyone followed because it would make the world so much better. Kindness is very important to me.I find it to be the most attractive quality in anyone.
“When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind.”
4. Do you collect anything?
Broken hearts. Lol. Kidding. I collect stubs and tickets from all the places (and any form of transport I took to get there) I’ve been to. I have too many now. And some of them are withering away, but I still hold on and keep them pressed in my bursting journal, and some in tin boxes.
5. What do you love to do in the mornings?
Sleep. I’m not kidding. I usually fall asleep at about 5 in the morning. My sleep cycle is pretty messed up. Because of work, I’ve been falling dead earlier at around 2 or 3 am recently though, but by the time I get up, it’s at least noon 😀
If I do get up in the morning, I love cooking an elaborate breakfast with pancakes and fried eggs or grilled cheese sandwiches and hot coffee or hot chocolate, and sitting in the sun and pouring over the newspaper while digging into it.
6. What’s your definition of friendship?
Friendship is sticking together always, and if sometimes you get unstuck, finding a way to come back and affix yourself firmly back together. They’re several types of friendships, I think.
I’m going to write my next post on the type of friends I want to be with someone. The best kind of friendship is the pillows kind, which is being comfy whether both of us are silent and doing our stuff or talking and discussing everything for hours, and knowing that no matter how fucked up the other person is, or how bad a fight, we’ll always come back to each other 🙂
7. Which fictional character do you wish you could meet?
This is such a tough one. I want to meet loads of fictional characters. I want to meet Draco Malfoy and hear his side of the story in his own words, but I also want to meet almost everyone from the Harry Potter series and talk to them and analyze and probe them (even the dementors!) Calvin and Hobbes are next on the list. Gotta give them high fives and thank them for the amazing humor and subtle life lessons. Then I want to meet Robbie and Cecilia from Atonement by Ian McEwan and hug them. Same goes for Rudy from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. And I’d like to have eye-opening conversations with every interesting character from all of Khaled Hosseini’s books. I’ll stop here or it’ll never end. So many more. Countless.
Ohh, I have to mention Chandler from Friends. A guy after my own heart. His sarcasm and awkwardness make me go all “woo”. And Tyrion Lannister from the Game of Thrones (the tv series, not the books), again because of the sarcasm, humor and intelligence. Want to shake his hand (I think it’s mostly because I love Peter Dinklage :D).
8. Describe yourself in one sentence.
I’m a curious and complicated cat with vivid imaginings, who is in fact, very much of a dog person.
Phew! Done with the answers. Hope I did a decent enough job.
Here are the questions I’d like the nominees to answer:
- Is there one such person in your personal life who hasn’t seen your blog but you want them to? And why?
- What are 5 things or personal items always definitely to be found in your bedroom (excluding any kind of furniture :D)?
- Which is your favorite novel or book, and why? (I know this is tough because it might be hard to pick just one, but grit your teeth and choose!)
- What is the one thing you’re not good at but you still do anyway, without giving a damn? (for example, singing)
- What would your ideal vacation be like?
- What is the one serious political or social issue that you feel strongly about? And if you’ve written anything about it or want to share something, feel free to leave links.
- (a) People are going to not like me for this one, but I really want to post it. Please draw or doodle a self-portrait. It can be silly, small, funny, crazy, serious, a dot, a monkey, a cat, etc. Just a simple pen/ pencil drawing will do. It would just be fun and interesting to see. If someone doesn’t wish do this, you can answer part b. (b) What is something you’d want your future self to remember or be reminded of?
- Who’s your favorite person in the world? Why?
I can’t wait to see your answers, fellow bloggers. This was fun! Thanks again, rummy.
Catch you later!
PS. I don’t own any of the images. I found them by Googling stuff.